Four Biscuit Brands For Your Four-Legged Friend
Having a hot entree or drink in front of you is always great. Whether it’s mac and cheese, fried chicken, or freshly brewed tea, it’s sure to be a mouth watering experience. But what often completes the dish is some great sides to go along with it.
Nothing beats a classic biscuit. Steaming, soft, and flaky, biscuits are timeless treats that people have enjoyed for decades. But now, dogs enjoy them, too!
There are many premium pet food brands out there that create dog biscuits for your canine to enjoy. From soft biscuits to hard, crunchy biscuits, all coming in an assortment of shapes, sizes, and flavors, it’s hard to go wrong with these popular treats!
While biscuits are indeed considered treats, this doesn’t mean that they aren’t created with some nutritional value that can add benefits into your dog’s day to day diet. A lot of different brands’ formulas start off with real, whole ingredients. These vary from peanut butter, chicken, veggies, fruits, fish, bacon, cheese, etc. All of these, and the many more available flavors provided, come packed with their own nutritional advantages, whether it be antioxidants, omega fatty acids, protein, etc. It all depends on the product you choose! Not to mention, there are so many available flavors that you are sure to find a formula that uses the ingredients that suits your dog’s palate.
Since there are so many possible biscuit options in the pet food world nowadays, try taking a look at some of the highest quality, trustworthy brands that offer their own.
Four Well-Known Biscuit BrandsOld Mother Hubbard
Old Mother Hubbard lives up to its name. They are what you would call the mother of pet biscuits. Their company exclusively creates pet biscuits and pet biscuits, only. Each and every one of their home-style recipes is 100% natural with no artificial anything. Their biscuits come in both small and mini sizes. They also have an extensive number of oven baked lines that suits each and every pet’s needs, along with a choice of flavors for each:
- Classic - original bone shaped treats that are guaranteed to please
- Grain Free - uses ingredients like carrot, pumpkin, and flaxseed
- Mini & Training - called Our Bitz, great for training or reward purposes, crunchy, oven baked, comes in flavors like chicken, liver, and vegetable
- Mother’s Solutions - crunchy, address specific health conditions (hip and joint, tartar control, fresh breath, low fat)
- Seasonal - comes in fun and unique shapes and packaging for Halloween, Valentine’s Day, and Christmas
- Soft & Tasty - soft, perfect for puppies, seniors, or dogs that like softer treats
- Big Ol’ Bone - biggest and crunchiest biscuits, can be fed as whole snack or broken apart for multiple treats
Milk Bone was born in 1908 when their first biscuit was created. Since then, they have become known for not only continuing to produce their original biscuits, but also many other variations and other lines of treats and toys. Their lines of biscuits include:
- Original - crunchy, classic flavor
- Flavor Snacks - variety of flavors and assortments including peanut butter, honey, bacon, beef, chicken, sausage, turkey, etc
- GravyBones - beef, bacon, chicken, or liver flavors basted in gravy
- Puffs - small, crunchy, airy puffs that come in duos of either bacon and peanut butter or chicken and cheddar
- Farmer’s Medley - healthiest line, made with veggies, available in grain free varieties
Each of Milk Bone’s treats are made with 12 essential vitamins and minerals, plus their crunchy, rough texture removes plaque and tartar buildup from the teeth.
All Pets Agree biscuits are available in two box sizes, a small 2 lb. box for easy shelving or display, as well as a large 15 lb. box for buying in bulk. These treats are extra crunchy, low in fat, and use no artificial preservatives, chemicals, or salt. Instead, their formulas use the same ingredients of coarse all natural whole wheat flour, quick rolled oats, cane molasses, wheat germ, and natural preservatives. Plus, they’re all hand made in Canada. Their four flavors are:
- Oink! - uses antibiotic and hormone free Canadian reared bacon
- Hooked! - uses Ocean Wise wild sockeye salmon
- Liv’A Happy Life - uses antibiotic and hormone free Canadian reared pork liver
- Everyday is Toothday - an extra crunchy oral health treat that uses parsley, activated charcoal, and peppermint
Grandma Lucy’s biscuits are all oven baked and organic! Not only that, but they are certified kosher, GMO free, and has no preservatives. Each bag contains about 100 treats, at 15 calories each. While they also provide a number of treats and supplements outside of their oven baked, organic biscuits for dogs, their list of biscuit flavors is appetizing and unique:
- Lemon Honey
- Banana & Sweet Potato
Other Biscuit Carriers
The above mentioned brands are only a few of those that exclusively offer biscuits, or are very known for them. But there are still a long list of other trustworthy, quality brands that offer these classic treats, too. From Triumph, Canidae, Blue Buffalo, Merrick, Fromm, and Stella & Chewy’s, to Naturvet, Pet Life, Hill’s, Natural Balance, Wellness, and more. Choose an option that has the texture, taste, and size that you know your pooch will love you for.