The Hungry Puppy carries premium freeze-dried dog food brands including RAWZ, Primal, and Stella & Chewy’s that your dog will love. These foods are available in different shapes, including patties, nuggets, and kibbles, so that there is an option for every dog out there. Freeze-dried food is also available in a variety of protein sources which provides the ability to switch up your pet’s food to give them a little variety in their diet. Whether it’s chicken, turkey, salmon, venison, or beef, your dog will find a freeze-dried food they love, and pet parents will love the benefits.
Freeze dried diets are made with high quality ingredients. Most freeze-dried diets are entirely grain free and gluten free and contain very few additives. This makes freeze-dried diets ideal for dogs who may experience food sensitivities or allergies, requiring a limited ingredient diet.
Freeze-dried food is a great alternative to feeding a completely raw diet. For many pet parents, it is an easier way to provide their pets with a high protein, high quality diet without dealing with raw frozen food. Freeze-dried food is an excellent way to incorporate raw food into your pet’s diet without the fuss of frozen or refrigerated foods that may need preparation and extra care.
Completely raw diets must be kept refrigerated or frozen in order to remain fresh. Freeze-dried foods, on the other hand, do not require refrigeration. Freeze-dried food has a long shelf life, which is convenient for the pet parent that likes to keep an extra supply of food on hand just in case. Never run out of food when you buy at The Hungry Puppy!
Freeze-dried pet food is not heated during the manufacturing process. Instead, already frozen raw food is placed in a large machine that applies pressure to the food. This causes the water to diffuse out of the food while maintaining all its nutrients and beneficial ingredients. What you’re left with is freeze dried food that is sure to please your pup!
While most freeze-dried foods are comprised of only meats and minerals, there are some brands that will include fruits and vegetables in their formulas, which provides an antioxidant rich addition to your pet’s food. Freeze-dried dog food provides a high quality, whole food diet that will benefit your dog while leaving them happy and healthy.
Freeze-dried dog food is a type of food for dogs that has gone through a process of freezing the food and then slowly extracting the moisture from it. This method preserves the nutrition of the food, making it an excellent option for providing your pet with a healthy and balanced diet.
Freeze-dried food has several benefits for dogs. It is usually made with high-quality ingredients, including a high proportion of meat, fruits, and vegetables. It is processed in a way that retains the maximum amount of nutrients, giving your pet a more nutritious meal than many other types of packaged dog food.
Additionally, freeze-dried dog food is lightweight and easy to store, making it a convenient option for pet owners. It also can be used as a training treat or food topper.
Some popular brands of freeze-dried dog food include Stella & Chewy's, Primal, and Orijen.
Benefits of Freeze Dried Dog Food include:
- Nutrient Rich: The freeze-drying process maintains the nutritional integrity of the raw ingredients. Thus, freeze-dried dog food retains more nutrients, vitamins, and minerals compared to traditional processing methods.
- Longer Shelf Life: Freeze-dried dog food has a longer shelf life compared to regular pet food. Because the freeze-drying process removes water, it prevents bacterial growth, making the food safe to store for a longer period.
- Convenience: Freeze-dried food is lightweight and easy to handle. It is effortless to portion out and serve and does not require refrigeration.
- High Palatability: Most dogs love the taste of freeze-dried dog food because it retains the flavor and aroma of the fresh ingredients used.
- Less Processed: Compared to kibble or canned food, freeze-dried food goes through less processing, thus maintaining most of its natural state.
- Digestibility: Since the freeze-drying process retains the cellular structure of the food, it is easier for dogs to absorb and digest.
- Reduced Allergens: Many freeze dried foods are single ingredient, so they reduce the risk of allergens, making them a good option for dogs with food allergies.
- Good for Sensitive Stomachs: Freeze-dried food is often easier on dogs' stomachs because it is less processed and retains more of the original nutritional content.
- No Preservatives or Fillers: Most freeze-dried dog foods do not contain any artificial preservatives, colorings, fillers or by-products.
- Environmentally Friendly: The freeze-drying process uses less energy and resources compared to traditional cooking or dehydration methods, making it more environmentally friendly.
Transitioning from dry dog food to freeze-dried dog food is generally a simple process. You will want to do it gradually to avoid any digestive upset. Each dog is individual and may react differently, so starting slowly is best.
Here is a general guideline to follow:
Days 1-3: 75% dry food, 25% freeze-dried
Days 4-6: 50% dry food, 50% freeze-dried
Day 7-9: 25% dry food, 75% freeze-dried
Day 10: 100% freeze-dried
Be sure to monitor your pet's reaction during this transition period. Any signs of a upset stomach, vomiting, loose stool, or changes in behavior could indicate that the transition is happening too quickly or that the new food isn't agreeing with your pet.
Also, remember to rehydrate the freeze-dried food before feeding it to your dog by adding water, as directed on the package. This is essential to ensure your pet is getting the necessary hydration along with their meal.
Finally, consult with your vet before making any changes to your dog's diet. They can provide you with professional advice based on your dog's specific dietary needs.
It's also possible to change your dog's diet from wet dog food to freeze-dried dog food, but it often depends on your dog's preferences and dietary needs. You should always introduce new food gradually to avoid digestive upset.
Here are general steps you can follow:
- Gradually Substitute: Start by mixing in a small amount of the freeze-dried dog food with your dog's current wet food. Slowly increase the amount of freeze-dried food while decreasing the wet food each day.
- Hydrate The Food: Freeze-dried food is dehydrated to extend its shelf life. Therefore, you would need to add water or broth to it before feeding it to your dog. This is an essential step since dogs typically get much of their water from their wet food.
- Monitor Your Dog: Keep an eye on your dog's reaction to the new diet. Look out for changes in their stool, any signs of discomfort, and their enthusiasm when eating. If you notice any negative changes, consider going back to your vet to discuss alternatives.
Always remember to consult with your vet before making major changes to your dog's diet.
For this collection of products and for the best prices on all of your pet food and supply needs The Hungry Puppy Pet Food & Supplies is your one-stop shop. Whether your animal barks or chirps, neighs or moos, meows or squawks, we have it all. Shop at the convenience of your home or on the go. In a rush, you can save 5% by placing a curbside pickup order and we will make sure you are here and gone in a flash. Live in NJ? The Hungry Puppy delivers FREE to your front door every week.
Live outside of our Central NJ Local Delivery area? Don’t worry, we now ship right to your front door!
Either Way The Hungry Puppy offers online shopping, with Curbside Pickup, Local Delivery or Nationwide Shipping at a place you can trust for the highest quality pet products at the lowest possible prices!